Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A look back on some of my favorite projects

As I get into the swing of this and stock up on some crafts to blog about, I figured I'd post some of the projects I've done in the past couple months. Since I did these a while back they wont have complete instructions, mostly I just want to give a little insight into my style and the type of crafts and recipes I enjoy. Most of these I intend to revisit and provide instructions for, but that is for another day :)

Baby-Safe Finger Paints

My daughter is one of those babies who puts everything in her mouth. I wanted to introduce some art projects to her; but when I tried crayons, so did she, if you know what I mean :) So what really appealed to me about these finger paints is that they're made completely with food ingredients so when she put them in her mouth she would be OK.

Just cornstarch and water boiled until it thickens and then food coloring for color. It WILL stain, however, skin and clothes. So this is a clothes optional activity best followed by a bath :)


For her first pumpkin, she is obviously not old enough to carve, so we got her a white one and let her decorate it with the finger paints :) Dont let it get rained on or the beautiful artwork will wash away!


Healthy-er Birthday Cake


I made this cake from a box mix, using yogurt (actually Go-Gurt because that's all I had handy) instead of oil and eggs. And then six pounds of frosting trying to make it look right, lol. Hopefully they cancel each other out :)

Footprint Ghost

 
This one is pretty self explainatory, I loooove hand and footprint crafts. They make great presents for family members, and remind you how small your babies used to be :)
 
 

Marshmallow Fondant

 

 

Part of me isn't sure I should be proud of this, because I don't think it is my best work. But the idea is good and I spent a lot of time on it, and it tastes way better than traditional fondant. My mom ate the leftover mashmallow fondant plain! There are several recipies online for this; my input? whatever you do, do NOT add water! I don't care what the recipe says. Unless you try to mix it first and it is positively parched, the recipe doesn't require any aditional moisture.
 
 

Thanksgiving outfit

 



Making tutu's is soooo easy! Chloe has one for evey occasion. And the shirt is all hot glue gun work :) I promise I will do a post dedicated to tutu's, I'm addicted.

Christmas Crafts

Felt Christmas tree with felt ornaments for Chloe to play with, so that she would hopefully leave the real tree alone. I put magnets on the back so it could stick to our metal front door.


Christmas, tutu. Told you I was addicted :)

Salt dough ornaments, so simple, so fun! Also safe for little ones to stick in their mouths :)


I hope these pictures have inspired your creativity, or at least inspired you to stay tuned for some more of mine :)

<3, Kalie

No comments:

Post a Comment