So Easter is coming up and I want to try and do something a little healthier. I looove deviled eggs, but they aren't super good for you (especially when you eat a dozen lol). Since having my daughter I've been much more conscious of making healthier eating choices because I want to be a good example.for her, and I want to give her every advantage in life that I can. Avocados are an awesome super food with Omega-3s that are vital for healthy brain development. The problem: I don't particularly care for the taste of avocado, and neither does Chloe :( She used to eat it, because that was the first 'people food' that I gave her, but after she tasted other things she never liked it as much again. So I'm trying to think of ways to incorporate avocado into our food without it being the main flavor. You can substitute the healthy fat in avocados for butter or other less healthy fats in most applications, so how about for the mayo in deviled eggs? I haven't made them yet (wanted to give you a heads up before Easter) but my plan is to use sour cream and avocado instead of mustard and mayo in my regular deviled egg recipe. I'll update you after Easter to tell you how they went over, try out this idea yourself. Put your own spin on it and test them on your family! Let me know how it goes :) Hoppy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment